RE: Absolute coordinates in Ma

Jacek Pliszka  wrote:

|How to put some text in the lower left corner of the plot? I cannot
make |it with a plot coordinates since they change every time. |
|It is so easy in PAW or gnuplot but here I spent over an hour on
|browsing Wolfram pages and reading the mathbook. |

The easiest way I know of to do this (without manually getting the
coordinates of the corner) is shown below.

In[1]:=
gr=Plot[Sin[x^2]/x,{x,-3,5}]

(* Plot not shown *)

Out[1]=
 -Graphics-

In[2]:=
coord=Min/@(PlotRange/.FullOptions[gr]);

In[3]:=
Show[gr,Graphics[Text["Some Text",coord,{-1,-1}]]]

(* Plot not shown *)

Out[3]=
 -Graphics-

Notes:
In[n]:=  PlotRange/.FullOptions[gr]
gives you the PlotRange used to make (gr).

You can use the option  DisplayFunction->Identity to suppress display of
the plot.  Then later on you use DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunction  to
turn it back on.

Ted Ersek