RE: Absolute coordinates in Ma

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12733] RE: [mg12715] Absolute coordinates in Ma
  • From: Ersek_Ted%PAX1A at
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 02:52:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Jacek Pliszka  wrote:
|How to put some text in the lower left corner of the plot? I cannot
make |it with a plot coordinates since they change every time. |
|It is so easy in PAW or gnuplot but here I spent over an hour on
|browsing Wolfram pages and reading the mathbook. |

The easiest way I know of to do this (without manually getting the
coordinates of the corner) is shown below.

(* Plot not shown *)

Show[gr,Graphics[Text["Some Text",coord,{-1,-1}]]]

(* Plot not shown *)

In[n]:=  PlotRange/.FullOptions[gr]
gives you the PlotRange used to make (gr).

You can use the option  DisplayFunction->Identity to suppress display of
the plot.  Then later on you use DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunction  to
turn it back on.

Ted Ersek