Re: Arrays of equations

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12749] Re: Arrays of equations
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 03:04:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Issac Trotts wrote in message <6l812d$mre at>...
>Hi all,
>I'd like to make an array of equations looking like this:
>        f(x) + g(x) = h(x) - q(x)
>=>             g(x) = h(x) - q(x) - f(x)
>I've been doing this with a table: making four columns, one for the =>,
>one for the left hand side of the equation, one for the equals sign,
>and one for the right hand side of the equation.  This works fine,
>except that everything is centered in each column of the table.  If I
>could right-align the stuff to the left of the "=" and left-align the
>stuff to the right, I would be happy.  Does anyone know how to do this?

You can set the grid column alignments as you want by using the Option

Click bracket of the cell containing your grid then go to Format >
Option Inspector> Show option values for [selection (its usually
already this entry)] > Formatting Options>Table/Matri/Palette
Formatting > Column Options > ColumnAlingments

Type in {Left, Right, Center, Left}

Click Apply

Allan Hayes
Training and Consulting