Complex Conjugation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12772] Complex Conjugation
  • From: Kieran Mullen <kieran at>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 03:04:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

  I *know*  I've seen this done somewhere.  But I can't find it in
DejaNews, or my references.

  I want a simple complex conjugation function that simply maps

everywhere.  (The Mathematica Conjugate function often gets confused.)
But I can't
make the substitution because the imaginary constant, I, is Locked.
What's the right way?

 Kieran Mullen                         email: kieran at
 Dept. of Physics and Astronomy        phone: (405) 325-3961
 The University of Oklahoma            FAX: (405) 325-7557
 Norman, OK 73019, USA