Refreshing the "numbers" in an Interpolating Object.

Math Group:

Consider...

mat = " a 2 dimensional matrix of numebers"

interp = ListInterpolation[mat];

Later in my program, I change the "numbers" in mat.  What happens to
interp?

That is, does interp reflect the new "numbers."  Or, do I have to
redefine interp each time after I make a change to mat.

I'm worried about the speed of my program.  If I indeed do have to
redefine interp, doesn't this take time?  Is there a more elegant
solution out there?

Thanks,

Chris Farr