Better WorldPlot data?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg13031] Better WorldPlot data?
  • From: Sigurd Tjelmeland <sigurd at>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:26:28 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Does anyone know of any better WorldData databases than the one that
comes with Mathematica? There are two few points, and the countries get
a rather ugly shape. For the geographical area in which I work
(North-east Atlantic) I took data from the GEBCO base and transformed
to Mathematica lists. I am interested in Mathematica lists around the
globe for areas north of 50 N. My lists are of course available for
those interested.

Sigurd Tjelmeland

Institute of Marine Research
Bergen, Norway