HELP ON Plotting 3D Surface Plots using data from an external file

On Wed, 16 Mar 1994, John Lane wrote:

> I am trying to plot a 3D surface graph using data in a file of the form:
>
>                   x1  y1  z1
>                       .
>                   xN  yN  zN
>
> This is the way that a plotting program called GENPLOT likes it.
>
> I have tried the following which, however, does not work:
>
>          <<Graphics'Graphics3D'
>          data=ReadList["datafile",Number,RecordLists->True]
>          ListSurfacePlot3D[data]
>
> I get an error message and a blank screen.  (These instructions came
> from the Mathematica help-line).  Since my version of Mathematica
> excludes support, I can not request more help from Wolfram.  They gave
> me your net address for possible help.

       I am new on Mathematica.
 I have the same problem. So I went to check MathSource first.
 I found the above message.
 There is a package named "ListToArray" can do this.
 (item number 0206-468)

       I download it and run. That's what I got.

-------------
In[1]:=
<<Graphics`Graphics3D`
<<ListToArray.m

In[3]:=
data:=ReadList["t",{Number,Number,Number}] arraydata:=ListToArray[data]

In[6]:=
ListSurfacePlot3D[arraydata]

{0.0322724, 0.0325432, 0.032814, 0.0330848, 0.0333556,
  0.0444584, 0.0447292, 0.045}

Out[6]=
-Graphics3D-

       It did not show any plot but "-Graphics3D-".
  Where am I wrong ?  ( I am using Mathematica 2.2 and 3.0 ).

       Thank you for any help.

------
 Hai-Ching Chen

 Email: Hai-Ching.Chen@physik.fu-berliu.de