Re: Printing in NT 4.0

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11528] Re: Printing in NT 4.0
  • From: hello@there.com (Rod Pinna)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:22:17 -0500

In article <6e88ru$np2@smc.vnet.net>, "Jack A Walker" <jawalker@beckman.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am new to Mathematica.  I am trying to print a simple notebook which
>contains some partial derivative formulae.  When I select the
>file/print menu item I get two pages which are blank except for thin
>lines near the top of each page.  Presumably these separate the blank
>header from the rest of the blank page. ;^)  The same thing happens
>when I click on the printer button.  I have tried saving the equations
>as and eps file and printing with ghostscript but that also failed --
>silently failed with no output produced.
>
>I have also tried copying the equations to the clipboard as a metafile
>and inserting them into word 97.  Produced an unintelligible mess.
>
>Using: Mathematica 3.0 on NT 4.0

I suspect I might not be that much of a help, however, I'm  running
Mathematica 3.0.1 on NT 4.0 and I haven't had any problems.  However, I
did have some problems printing from Excel, which were  corrected by
installing a new version of the printer drivers. It  might be worth
checking that you have the newest ones around.

Rod Pinna
(rpinnaX@XcivilX.uwa.edu.au  Remove the X for email)