Re: Problems with Display function

>Group,
>   I had problems getting the Display function to work in Mathematica
>3.0.1 running under MacOS8.1.  When I try to output to a file in any of
>the interchange formats, The cell activity indicator lights up, and
>runs forever. I have never had a successful completion.  This includes
>trying to run the examples in the help section as well.
>   Any ideas out there?

Harvey,

I don't use 3.0 but use 2.2 on a Mac, however, I have been corresponding
with someone who has similar problems to yours.

In mucking around the Wolfram web site trying to find out what's what, I
came across, in the Technical Assistance FAQ (go to the site index,
you'll find it), under (I think) the "Graphics" subsection , a little
ditty about a MathLink program which ships with 3.0 called "psrender."
And the idea is, if you try to do any graphic format conversions, this
psrender program is launched under MathLink. And, this "psrender" ships
with Mathematica 3.0. So you probably have it. If you did a custom
install it may have been left behind on the CD.

Just a wild guess, but, who knows?

Russell Towle
Giant Gap Press:  books on California history, digital topographic maps
P.O. Box 141
Dutch Flat, California 95714
Voice:  (916) 389-2872
e-mail:  rustybel@foothill.net