Re: file size?

Margit wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> Does anyone know whether there is a maximum file size or something like
> that in Mathematica?
>
> I have quite a big program and the problem is that after Mathematica has
> done the calculation, it crashes as soon as I use the page up /down
> button to look at the results. At first it shows the same line a hunred
> times instead of the whole text, then it crashes completely. I had the
> same problem sometimes when I used the Find-function.
>
> Would it help if I split up the program into parts and evaluate just one
> after the other? ( The work the kernel has to do would be the same)
>
> Thanks
>
> Margit

Do you happen to have more than one notebook open at a time?  I get the
same kind of screen corruption on occasion when there are more than one
open.  The program isn't crashed, however.  Just close the notebook
with whatever remains of your screen, reduce the program window and run
the screen saver to refresh your screen.  Maximize the program window
and re-open your notebook.  The kernel information is still there.

As far as maximum size, my biggest notebook so far is about 3MB of code
and very few graphics, but I also have 96M of RAM and a 500MB swap
file. --
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.