Re: Two questions

Selwyn Hollis wrote:

> I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with.
>
> 1) Is there a way to use Plot3D to create a ``wireframe" surface
> plot---that is, showing only the grid curves? (No, Shading->False is
> not what I'm after. I want the plot to be _transparent._) If not, is
> there a better way to do it than plotting curves with ParametricPlot3D?
>
> 2) I am continually forgetting to load a package before entering a
> command that it contains. Is there a way to get out of the resulting
> jam without quitting the kernel?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dr. Selwyn Hollis
> Associate Professor of Mathematics
> Armstrong Atlantic State University
> Savannah, GA 31419 USA
> <http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis/>

1) you need to set the ColorFunction to white, which is easily done by
setting it to a color with a saturation of zero, as in
Plot3D[...,ColorFunction->Hue[1,0,1]]

2) When you forget to load a package and run code anyway, the symbols
that were supposed to come from the package are instead defined as
global symbols which then overlap with the package definitions.  The
way around this is to Remove[] all of the offending doubly defined
symbols.  The Remove command will only remove the global layer of
definitions, and the package definitions will then come into play. --
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.