Display problem with math

Hi all,

We have installed Mathematica-2.2.3 and -3.0.1. Version 2.2.3 is in use
for some time now, 3.0.1 is the new version. With the command "math" of
3.0.1 there is a problem with the fonts in displaying functions. If I
enter: In[1] Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,10}] in math,  - a display is opened, OK
- the axis are drawn, OK
- numbers are shown, OK
- Sin-function is drawn, OK
- the numbers are partly overwritten with whitespace: Not OK!

We could see this very clearly when we tried to trace the command math
with truss since this slows down the process. When not using truss, the
display is constructed so fast, all actions are indistiguishable.

It appeares as though all vertical lines of the characters are erased,
and the horizontal and diagonal lines of the characters remain, thus
rendering the characters unreadable.

This does not appear with the command "mathematica" of 3.0.1, nor with
"math" and "mathematica" of 2.2.3.

We have tried it on Solaris and AIX. On an NT-PC it displays correctly.
If I generate an EPS-file, it prints correctly.

Could someone please help with solving this problem?

--

Mazzel, cheers, bye, tabe, moi, tot ziens, have a nice day, Koos
JJ Schut                             |  e-mail: schut@phys.rug.nl