nonorthogonal.

Now, this behavior is perfectly consistent with the documentation of
Eigensystem[], which is completely silent on the issue of eigenvector
orthonormality.  The reason the behavior is aFrom mathgroup-adm@smc.vnet.net Sun Mar 22 03:23:15 1998
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:34:59 -0500
From: dimiter@shemesh.chem.purdue.edu (Dimiter Petsev)
To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg11657] diffusion equation in two dimensions

Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to solve a two dimensional diffusion equation with a
coordiante  dependent diffusion tensor.  Therefore, I wonder if there
is any Mathematica  package available which might be of any help.

Any advise sent to dimiter@shemesh.chem.purdue.edu will be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Dimiter Petsev