Error Bars

In Tom Wickham-Jones' book (Mathematica Graphics) it is stated that "it
is possible to update the MultipleListPlot provided with 2.2".
However, I have looked in the MathSource and I can find no such
enhancement.  Does anyone know where I may find an upgrade that enables
error bars to be plotted within Version 2.2?

Many thanks,

-Roger Jones