Integer designation

     I want to re-ask a question I asked before about designating a
     variable as an integer.  On page 261 of the 3rd edition of
Mathematica
     it talks about making an integer assignment, i.e. "f[n_Integer] is
     like defining a function f that must take an argument of "type"
     Integer.   I try this in a function like f[x_,n_Integer]:=Sin[n Pi
     (x/a)] and then type f[a,n] and expect the answer zero but it just
     gives me Sin[n Pi].  What have I misunderstood here?

     thanks.  Jerry Blimbaum    US Navy Lab,   Panama City, Florida

                Long Live MathGroup