A "Compile" problem

Hi all,
Can somebody please help me with this problem : I am trying to use
Compile on a code that calculates the Eigenvalues of a matrix.
Mathematica gives me the error message that the rank of the object is
not correct. I correctly define the matrix rank in the first argument
of Compile, but it seems that it is causing this error because it gives
a result of a different rank than that of the input. Is there any way
around this. Thanks Ahmed Maarouf