Re: creating packages

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12190] Re: creating packages
  • From: asari@math.uiuc.edu (ASARI Hirotsugu)
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 03:08:41 -0400

In article <6i0tf8$8n0@smc.vnet.net>,
	paulh@monon.wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton) writes:
> In article <6hp98a$cql@smc.vnet.net>, steve <fisk@polar.bowdoin.edu>
> writes:
>
> |> 	I would like to create a package from a notebook. |> 	I followed the
> directions in the Mathematica book, but the  |> 	resulting m file was
> not a package. After applying  |> 	"Save-as-special|package"  all the
> |> 	expressions appeared to be enclosed in comments. |>
> |> 	Could someone explain how to create a package from a |> 	notebook.
>
> When you export the contents of a notebook as a package, only
> initialization cells are left uncommented.  To give a cell the
> initialization property, select the cell's bracket, and then click on
> the front end menu command sequence
>
> 	   Cell -> Cell Properties -> Initialization Cell

On a related note, I would like to introduce a new Head in a package,
and would like to implement a test only on objects with this new Head.
The problem is that the overhead for the test is rather costly, and I
would like to have some sort of toggle switch to turn testing on and
off.  I looked at $Pre, but didn't work well.

Any advice?

--
ASARI Hirotsugu                 //   http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~asari/
finger://math.uiuc.edu/asari   //    ph://ns.uiuc.edu/asari