Re: ComplexExpand

Greetings,

Thanks for your comments Daniel.  While we are on this topic how about a
function

IntegerExpand[ expr_, {var_}]

which assumes all variables in expr_ are integers except those
explicitly listed in {var}?  Then we might have the convenience of
these common simplifications:

IntegerExpand[ (-1)^(2n) ] -> 1

IntegerExpand[ Sin[n*Pi] ] -> 0

IntegerExpand[ Cos[2*n*Pi + n*t], t ] ->  Cos[n*t]

which are now unavailable except by using ad hoc rules.     My naive
impression is that this should be easy to write.  What is your view?
Anyone try this out there?

Jack Goldberg