Re: Chemical notation

Hi Paul,

There is one problem with using SubsuperscriptBox to solve this problem,
which is that the numbers are not automatically aligned to the right.
So, you need to do something like add spaces as you did. What about
using GridBox instead? For example, you could create a Button just as
you did.

DisplayForm[ButtonBox[RowBox[{
	StyleBox[
		GridBox[{{"\[Placeholder]"},{"\[Placeholder]"}},
			RowSpacings->0,
			ColumnAlignments->{Right}],
		FontSize->9],
	"\[NegativeThinSpace]","SelectionPlaceholder"}], Active->True]]

This button produces output similar to the button you suggested, but the
numbers are aligned to the right.

On the other hand, SubsuperscriptBox seems like a more natural approach.
Do you know if there is there a way to align SubsuperscriptBox's?

Carl Woll
Dept of Physics
U of Washington