Re: Want a smooth function from Arg[ ]

*  > >  However, the wrapping of the phase would seem to make this
difficult to *  > > do  directly.  Any ideas on how to manipulate the
results of Arg to *  > > give a  continuous function of data?

*  two dimensions.  If you hear of a different approach than an *
after-the-fact hunting for discontinuities, please let me know.

This won't work for all cases, but I had one problem (the Adler
equation) where I had a closed-form analytic solution for a phase angle
phi[t]  that evolved over many cycles but involved ArcTan's, which kept
leading to discontinuities.

In the end I found it easier to just numerically integrate the original
differential equation that governed the phase using NDSolve[_] and plot
the numerical solution.

   --AES