Math. 3.0 on 95 -- Printing problems: Fonts size?

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12567] Math. 3.0 on 95 -- Printing problems: Fonts size?
  • From: "Arunas Salkauskas" <arunas@a!nm.org>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 18:11:27 -0400

Hi,

This is sort of a follow-up to a posting I had a couple of weeks ago on
pagination.  The odd thing was that pages didn't get filled properly.

We think we've narrowed the problem down, and it looks like mathematica
refuses to print a 12 point font.  We tried both Times New Roman and
Arial on an HP Laserjet II.  We tried 10 point, 12 point and 14 point.
The 12 point page came out looking exactly the same as the 10 point
page, and the 14 point page came out as two pages, with very large
text.

This is not a problem with the computer or the printer, since from
wordpad I was able to print out a sample of the different fonts without
any difficulty.

The size of the font does change on the screen, so it is only in going
to the printer that it fails.  This is probably the cause of the
pagination problems since when he specifies a 12 point font, most
likely the pagination is actually computed for that size of font, but
is then printed at 10 points.

Is there any way to convince Mathematica to actually print out 12 point
text?

Thanks in advance!

Arunas Salkauskas
Dept. Math and Stats,
University of Calgary
return email mangled for spam prevention.