Re: Finding the Path to the Active Notebook

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12526] Re: Finding the Path to the Active Notebook
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul@physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 18:10:54 -0400

Adalbert Hanszen wrote:

> Does anybody know a way, how to programmatically find out, from which
> directory the active notebook was loaded?
>
> I am looking for something like MyOwnPath[] returning me the full path
> to the active notebook (or None, if the notebook has just been typed in
> without any Notebook-loading).

Do you really need this. Doesn't SelectedNotebook[] provide the
functionality you need for working with a particular Notebook?

In[1]:= SelectedNotebook[]
Out[1]=-NotebookObject-

Note that, if you unformat this output, you can find out more
information about this NotebookObject:

Out[1]=
Cell[BoxData[
    FormBox[
      InterpretationBox[
        RowBox[{
        "\[SkeletonIndicator]", "NotebookObject",
          "\[SkeletonIndicator]"}],
        NotebookObject[
          FrontEndObject[
            LinkObject[ "Mathematica 3.0", 1, 1]], 77],
        Editable->False], TraditionalForm]], "Output",
  CellLabel->"Out[1]="]

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul@physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player