Simple MathLink question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14690] Simple MathLink question
  • From: Jim McGuire <jimm at opticalres.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 21:15:48 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to read in a set of Mathematica definitions which was saved
using DumpSave["MathLink_USER.mx",{function1,function2,...}] from
D:\jimm\svgcn018 directory on my NT PC.  I have been unsuccessful
reading it into the MathLink session.  The definitions are very long
and I do not relish the thought of importing them using MLPut commands.

I tried the following test to see if the link is open.  It shows the
proper data is ready to be read by the link

MLPutFunction(stdlink,"EvaluatePacket",1);
   MLPutFunction(stdlink,"Plus",2);
   MLPutReal(stdlink,2.1)
   MLPutInteger(stdlink,2);
MLEndPacket(stdlink);
printf("MLReady = %d\n",MLReady(stdlink));

However when I try the following, it shows that there is no data to be
read on the stdlink and subsequent attempts to read data hang.

MLPutFunction(stdlink,"EvaluatePacket",1);
   MLPutFunction(stdlink,"Get",1);
   MLPutString(stdlink,"\"D:\\jimm\\svgcn018\\MathLink_USERSUR.mx\"");
MLEndPacket(stdlink);
printf("MLReady = %d\n",MLReady(stdlink));

I have tried issuing Get["D:\jimm\svgcn018\MathLink_USERSUR.mx"] from
within Mathematica and it works fine.  The desired functions are
loaded.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jim