Vector Aarows and monitor problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14750] Vector Aarows and monitor problems
  • From: "Naum Phleger" <naum at terrapin.physics.ucsb.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 02:17:48 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

    I have two questions.  I have posted a number of articles in the
past few days, but this should be the last for a while.

    My first problem is that my vectors in my ListPlotVectorField don't
have arrow heads in the front end output, but when I print it
everything looks fine.  Here is the command that I use (vectors is a
list of point vector pairs)

arrows=ListPlotVectorField[Vectors,ScaleFactor->3*10^14,HeadWidth->.4,HeadLe
ngth->.015];

    My second problem is that Mathematica messes up my monitor colors.
I am using a Mac PPC running system 8 (and now 8.5) with a sony 200sx
monitor.  When Mathematica starts up it messes up the desktop color and
all of my other window colors, and when I switch between Mathematica
and other programs the colors also switch, but never going back to the
way they are supposed to be.

    Any help on either of these would be much apreciated
        Thank you,

              -NAUM