Glynn/Gray book for beginners ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14898] Glynn/Gray book for beginners ?
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:48:20 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have herd from various sources that "The Beginner's Guide to
Mathematica Version 3" by Glynn/Gray covers use of the Option
Inspector, programming Buttons, and programming the Front End.

The topics I list above are new to Version 3.0, and users beyond the
beginner level (as I consider myself) would also be interested.

My question is whether this book only scratches the surface of these
subjects, and is only useful to beginners?  Any other remarks on this
book are also welcome.

Ted Ersek