Re: How Mathematica do Interpolation?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14958] Re: How Mathematica do Interpolation?
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 03:49:56 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

P.J. Hinton wrote:

> |> 2.
> |>
> |> I often use the package  Statistics`DescriptiveStatics` Can I have |>
> Mathematica to load it automaticaly when Mathematica starts?
> There are two ways to go about this.  The first is to add a command to
> your kernel initialization file that invokes the appropriate  Get or
> Needs command.  The second entails setting up the kernel to  load the
> package you need when you invoke a package-defined function.

There is a third approach.  You can add

to your kernel initialization file (Configuration | Kernel | init.m).
This will not load any functions.  However, whenever you invoke a
function that appears in _any_ of the Statistics` packages, including
Statistics`DescriptiveStatistics` package, the appropriate package will
be autoloaded.

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul at  AUSTRALIA

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player