Optimization packages for Mathematica: do they exist?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14273] Optimization packages for Mathematica: do they exist?
- From: Michael Rutter <mrutter at perm.fw.msu.edu>
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:51:53 -0400
- Organization: Michigan State University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Does a Mathematica package exist that uses Quasi-Newton algorithms for
optimization? I need a package that allows for the minimization of a
objective function that is not based on least squares, but maximum
Thanks for any information,
Michael Rutter _____
Dept. of Fisheries and Wildlife / | \
Michigan State University / | \
East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1222 \ /|\ /
(517) 432-4943 http://www.msu.edu/user/ruttermi \/_|_\/
Prev by Date:
Re: Unexpected results
Next by Date:
Re: 3-D to 2-D slice revisited
Previous by thread:
Re: standard libraries not loading
Next by thread:
Re: Optimization packages for Mathematica: do they exist?