Optimization packages for Mathematica: do they exist?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14273] Optimization packages for Mathematica: do they exist?
- From: Michael Rutter <mrutter at perm.fw.msu.edu>
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:51:53 -0400
- Organization: Michigan State University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Does a Mathematica package exist that uses Quasi-Newton algorithms for optimization? I need a package that allows for the minimization of a objective function that is not based on least squares, but maximum likelihoods. Thanks for any information, Mike -- Michael Rutter _____ Dept. of Fisheries and Wildlife / | \ Michigan State University / | \ East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1222 \ /|\ / (517) 432-4943 http://www.msu.edu/user/ruttermi \/_|_\/