- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14360] loading packages-followup
- From: sean_ross_at_pl-04m3 at smtpgw1.plk.af.mil
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:29:01 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
This is in response to my earlier question about why packages I
wouldn't load. The answer is that code written in the 3.0.1
and Saved As Special:Package Format is commented out in the save
routine, thus all packages written in the front end and saved in
appears to be the intended manner have an extra (* at the front of
file and an extra *) at the end, effectively disabling the code.
you remove these in a text editor, the package can be read in and
everything loads just fine. I now have two more questions related
1) is this placing of extra (* and *) in packages by the
SaveAsSpecial:Package Format a "feature" or a "bug"?
2) The kernel knows to search the \ProgrammingInMathematica and the
\Utilities subdirectories of the ExtraPackages folder. If I put my
own subdirectory in the ExtraPackages folder, the Kernel does not
search there. Why? I got around it by appending the path to the
$Path variable in the init.m, but I am still curious as to how the
Kernel knew it was supposed to search only those two subdirectories
but wouldn't search mine even though none of them was listed
explicitly in the $Path.
Please respond to rosss at plk.af.mil or seanross at worldnet.att.net as
no longer subscribe to the mathgroup.
Prev by Date:
Re: Numerical solution to Schrodinger's Equation
Next by Date:
RE: Removing Outer Braces
Previous by thread:
How to create a color contour plot with color table?
Next by thread:
Re: loading packages-followup