Bubble help in palwttes

I understand that a bubble window should open showing the equivalent Esc
keyboard sequence when I rest the mouse cursor over a button in a
palette. This  does not work in the Basic Input palette, but it does in
some of the others. Is  there a way I can turn this feature on in the
palettes where it does not work.  I am using Version 3 on Windows 95.