Linux: couldn't reach []{} with latin2 keyboard layout

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14524] Linux: couldn't reach []{} with latin2 keyboard layout
  • From: Davor Cengija <dcengija at>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:33:21 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm using Mathematica 3 on RH5.1 (2.0.35)

Since I live in Croatia, I need latin2 (iso-8859-2) keyboard layout to
reach some ot the extended characters, which are settled on the places
where reside {}[] characters in standard US keyboard layout.

I can reach those characters by typing Alt_Gr+(F,G,B,N) fot ([,],{,})
and everything works fine except in Mathematica.

I tried with xmodmap and linked those characters on F9-F12 and it worked
but now almost every other application makes compliances (as well as

Is there a way to make Mathematica to use latin2 keyboard layout?

Davor Cengija
Davor.Cengija at