Re: LightSources

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14513] Re: LightSources
  • From: Martin Kraus <mkraus at>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:33:12 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Jens-Peer Kuska wrote:
> Tom Wickham-Jones ("Mathematica Graphics ...") has a function
> ViewPointFromUser[], ViewPointToUser[] in the packages of its book
> (View3D.m package) that convert between the model and the world
> coordinates. I expect that you can use the same functions to convert
> the light positions. You may find the package on MathSource .

Actually there are more than just the model and world coordinate
ViewPoint, ViewVertical and LightSources use all different coordinate
systems (NOT the model coordinates; you should consult the Mathematica
Thus these ViewPoint... functions will probably not be of much use to
convert the positions of LightSources (which are given in the display
coordinate system).

Martin Kraus