Re: Postscript Error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13885] Re: [mg13860] Postscript Error
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 02:55:24 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There was a problem in 3.0.1 that caused DensityPlot, ListDensityPlot[],
Raster[], and RasterArray[] to not display on 24-bit displays (on Win95
and NT).  In fact, it does display on 32-bit displays (some video
drivers support one, some the other, although the resulting display
quality is identical).  So, if your colleague switches his video mode
to something other than 24 bit and restarts Mathematica, the PostScript
should display.

The problem has been fixed for future releases.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
Front End Group