Re: Mathematica & the Mac--file locations.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13927] Re: Mathematica & the Mac--file locations.
- From: chenrich at mail.monmouth.com (Christopher J. Henrich)
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 01:22:52 -0400
- Organization: Monmouth Internet
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <6ssvh4$m9c at smc.vnet.net>, rlove at antispam.neosoft.com (Robert B. Love ) wrote: > Greetings, > > I've just installed Mathematica on my Mac and have a question on where > to put my own packages so that Mathematica can find them. I moved > working notebooks off of a NeXT and moved the supporting packages from > a private library and placed them on my shiny new Mac. However, while > the notebooks start up, the package loading always fails with a "can't > find" message. Where do _my_ packages go? In with the AddOns? > > Also, is there a preferred location for my notebooks? If I have a folder called "SomeProject" and I put an alias for this folder in "...:AddOns:Applications", then Mathematica is able to see the contents of "SomeProject" for the purposes of the "Needs" command. I could also put the original folder inside AddOns:Applications. I used an alias because it seemed to make the minimal alteration to the tree of folders that was installed. Also I happened to have the installed software on one disk and my own notebooks on another. -- Christopher J. Henrich chenrich at mail.monmouth.com