  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13971] Subscribe to MathGroup
  • From: "Patrick Heubler" <patrick at rs1.thch.uni-bonn.de>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:06:59 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi!
I'm a chemist working on my PhD thesis about kinetics and NMR
spectroscopy.
A typical problem (i don't know how to deal with) is to fit experimental
data to the
(numerical) solutions of a system of coupled differential equations. I
want to use
mathematica (the function NDSolve), but i don't know if it is possible
optimize the parameters with the help of a least-squares fit: start with
typical parameters --> NDSolve --> determination of the errors
---> varying the parameters --> NDSolve ---> least-squares optimization
---> ...
Maybe a book or a typical example would help me ... Thank you very much!
Patrick Huebler, Bonn, Germany
patrick at rs1.thch.uni-bonn.de