Re: Abstract data types

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14003] Re: Abstract data types
  • From: "David Keith" <dkeith at hevanet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 16:59:24 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I use the list method you describe. For example:

    newDataType = { {labelString, dateString}, {xlist, ylist, zlist} }

Since Mathematica allows list structures to appear on the left side, I
process items from a such a structure passed to a function by using

    { {label, date}, {xlist, ylist, zlist}} = argument

Where label, date, xlist, ylist, zlist  are variables private to the
module defining the function.

Dave