Symbolic Matrix Inversion -- What's the best method for Rank under 100?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13976] Symbolic Matrix Inversion -- What's the best method for Rank under 100?
- From: Rodger.W.Dyson at lerc.nasa.gov (Rodger W Dyson)
- Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 16:59:04 -0400
- Organization: NASA Lewis Research Center
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Given a symbolic matrix of rank N, is there a way to avoid the excessive symbol growth which occurs while finding its symbolic inverse? The maximum rank would be N=100, M f = N d where M and N are symbolic matrices and f and d are vectors. The elements of M and N are nonlinear symbolic functions of nx, ny, and x. Would like f=LinearSolve[M,N d] solution or the symbolic inverse of M. Thank you,