Re: EPS format problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14038] Re: EPS format problems
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:50:22 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 16 Sep 1998, Carles Serrat wrote:

> Does anybody know how to properly convert a graphic to EPS format? I can
> do it, but the EPS file does not seem much the original graphic when
> seen from a EPS graphics visualizer, specially in the labels were I use
> greek letters and so.

The problem you may be encountering is that the EPS "graphics
visualizer" does not know what to do with requests for the Math fonts
that appear in the PostScript code. This would be a problem if you used
grouping symbols or Greek characters.  You may want to review the
documentation for your PostScript rendering program to see how fonts
are added.  If the program uses Ghostscript as the rendering engine,
you can take advantage of the HOWTO at the Wolfram Research FAQ site:

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Graphics/Formats/EPS/Ghostscript.html

> Also, is there the possibility of just the PS format in Mathematica 3.0?

Only if you are using Unix.  There is a legacy shell script in the
Mathematica installation called psfix that can do the job.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram