Re: NT Mathematica won't open Win95 notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14076] Re: NT Mathematica won't open Win95 notebooks
  • From: bertronj at indra.com (Jean-Denis S Bertron)
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 03:25:07 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

bern (bgress at mail.ucr.edu) wrote:
: I am running a dual boot NT/Win 95 with Mathematica 3.0 in each. However
: many, but not all, notebooks that I created in Win95 are unreadable
: under NT... Mathematica just hangs with some brief disk access followed
: by silence.

: Would any kind soul have any suggestions?

: Bernie Gress

The two file systems are different between NT and Win95. Maybe it's a
file naming problem or file location. Can notebooks with short names
(no packages with long names either) be read from disk ?

Jean-Denis Bertron	jd.bertron at pobox.com
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~bertronj
Disclaimer(message):- Offending(message)!.