argument passing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14110] argument passing
  • From: mortena at vipe.ii.uib.no (Morten N. Aasnes)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:15:34 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How does mathematica pass arguments to functions? If I have a realy
large list, and make a function to take a list as argument, and return
a certain element, will the list given as argument be copied when the
function is called, and if so, how do I avoid this?

thanks in advance.

--
Morten Nygaard Aasnes     mortena at ii.uib.no       "Nothing's the same
anymore" Fantoft Stud.By A626,     (+47)55276131            -Sinclair