Re: How to import DTA files conatining comment lines starting with '#'
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14119] Re: How to import DTA files conatining comment lines starting with '#'
- From: Timo Felbinger <timof at uranos.quantum.physik.uni-potsdam.de>
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:15:43 -0400
- Organization: University of Potsdam
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 24 Sep 1998, Joel Wijngaarde <Joel Wijngaarde wrote: > Hi, > > is there a way ti import Data Files containing numbers where it's > possible that certain lines in the file start with an "#", which means > that this is a comment line and should not be read by mathematica. > On a Unix(-like) system, something like ReadList[ "!sed /^#/d < your_file" ] should filter out the comment lines. Regards, Timo Felbinger (Timo.Felbinger at quantum.physik.uni-potsdam.de) Quantum Physics Group Institute of Physics University of Potsdam, Germany