Re: ListPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17035] Re: ListPlot3D
  • From: immtwg at erlang.gbar.dtu.dk (Torben Winther Graversen)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 02:11:51 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ramin Sina (sina at cosmicray.umd.edu) wrote:
: Hi all,

: this may be a FAQ but I can't find an answer to it.
: I would like to read a file with three column of numbers. The first is x
: value, the second is y value; and the third is the dependent value
: z(x,y).
: I read the list with Readlist. I would like to get a 3D plot. ListPlot3D
: won't do what I need. I can get the transpose of the list and mess a bit
: with it and use Listplot3D, but then the x and y axes won't be numbered
: correctly. Is there a better package to use instead of ListPlot3D? All I
: have access to is mathematica 2.2.

Check out the MeshRange option for ListPlot3D. Use it to get the
labels on the axes right, and you're done!

--
Best regards,

  Torben Winther Graversen
  http://www.student.dtu.dk/~immtwg