Display cannot be used during intialization message

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17148] Display cannot be used during intialization message
  • From: dejaguy4693 at my-dejanews.com
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:59:39 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

After not having used Mathematica for quite a few years I reinstalled a 3.0
on a Mac PM 9600/233 the other day. I t works fine except the fact that it
just won't display graphics. The message that I get is:

Display :: initstate :
Display cannot be used during intialization
Display [stdout, Graphics]

Doing a search on dejanews and on the wri site did not help much. Looking at
the init.m for the kernel does not help either.