RE: About help browser notebooks/hyperlinks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17183] RE: [mg17165] About help browser notebooks/hyperlinks
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 01:20:57 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Iacovos Kyprianou wrote,
-----------------------

How do I create help browser hyper links?

-----------------------

I can tell you how to do it using Mathematica under Windows 95.  It should
be similar on other platforms.

Under the Input menu select (Create Button)
The choices listed should include:
  MainBookLink
  AddOnsLink
  RefGuideLink
  Getting StartedLink
  OtherInformationLink

The selection (RefGuideLink) reefers to the (Built-in Functions) button in
the Help Browser.  The other selections refer to a Help Browser radio button
by the same name.

To make a hyperlink bring up the page you want in the Help Browser.  Don't
use the MasterIndex radio button, because other radio buttons can access the
same stuff, and I don't know how to make a link to the MasterIndex.  Once
you have the right help page displayed make a note of the radio button
selected, and the title listed at the top (to the right of the GoTo button).

where your Help Page is located.
  Note (RefGideLink)===(Built-in Functions)
You will then have a selection place holder where typed text would have went
in your notebook.  At the selection place holder type in the title that was
listed on the top of the Help Page.
You should now have a working hyperlink to a page of the Help Browser.

Regards,
Ted Ersek