Basic Solid Modelling in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17057] Basic Solid Modelling in Mathematica
  • From: kudah at auto.ugcs.caltech.edu (Kudah Mushambi)
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 02:32:03 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is it possible to perform basic solid modelling in Mathematica?

I have points representing a 2D cross sections of
volumes. To create representations of the volumes,
I would like to extrude these shapes some distance or revolve them
around some axis and have meshes representing the volume surfaces.

I also would like the coordinates of the points used
in the meshes and connectivity information between polygons
so I can export these 'solid' bodies into other applications.

Is there a Mathematica package that can do this?

Regards,

kuda