Complex Ratio Polynomial Fit

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17216] Complex Ratio Polynomial Fit
  • From: Colin L C Fu <es2136 at eng.warwick.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 01:20:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hiya,

I was told that the add-on packages in Mathematica are useful to solve
more complicated
and particular problems.  Thanks!

I tried to use Calculus'Pade' and Statistic'Nonlinear' to solve my
initial problem.  i am nearly there.  The problems that I have when I
used
1) Caluculus'Pade' is that the input has to be a function instead of
data points.

2) Statistic'Nonlinear' is that I wouldnt be able to fit complex ratio
polynomial in the form of  (a1*x^n + a2*x^(n-1) + ... + I * (b1*x^m +
... ) )/(c1*x^n + c2*x^(n-1))

Please advise

Regards
Colin