Re: Display (was: psfix)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17214] Re: Display (was: psfix)
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 01:20:49 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7fp3ff$310 at smc.vnet.net>, pokornp at math.vscht.cz () writes:

> One would expect
>
>  Display ["hello.wav", Play [Sin[2*Pi*440*t], {t,0,1}], "WAV" ]
>
> to make a wav file.
> It does not. At least in my 3.0 version.
> Is there some package or another tool to make something like this with sound ?

Both the Macintosh and Windows notebook front ends allow you to save a
Graphics cell with a PostScript depiction of a sound object in native
sound formats -- SND for Macintosh and WAV for Windows.  Look under the
Edit -> Save Selection As menu for the actual command.

There is no function for writing sound files in the Mathematica 3.0
kernel.  The Standard Package Miscellaneous`Audio` only provides
functions for reading sound files.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com