- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19004] Biased Random[Integer]?
- From: siegman at stanford.edu (AES)
- Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:44:43 -0400
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Random[Integer]" gives 0 or 1 with .probability 1/2. What's the simplest expression that will yield 0 or 1 with probabilities p and 1-p ? (p itself might be a rational fraction, p = p1/p2.) I can write various expressions that do this, but what's the cleanest or tersest way?