  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19105] function arguments as subscripts
  • From: Henrik Weimer <henrik at rice.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 01:35:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

Mathematica lets me define functions that take their arguments as
subscripts. For example:

In[16]:=
   \!\(foo\_\(k_, l_\) = k l\)

In[17]:=

Out[17]=
   12

However, I can't seem to figure out how to define such a function in a
package. In particular, I am unable to define a ::usage for any function
taking an argument as a subscript.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,

  Henrik Weimer