Re: Is there any module or dll of mathematica to call from c/c++

On 5 Aug 1999, Bulent Hatipoglu wrote:

> I wonder that is there any way to embed or load a mathematica module or
> library into  a c++ program so that I can obtain a stand alobe program?

The answer is a qualified "no".  There is no way to create a monolithic
executable with Mathematica functionality.  The MathLink protocol, which
has a C-language API, allows you to write a C or C++ program that can
launch the Mathematica kernel as a child process, thus making your program
an alternative front end to the kernel.  You may want to refer to Section
2.12 of _The Mathematica Book_ (Fourth Edition) for an introduction on
MathLink.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com