Re: Is there any module or dll of mathematica to call from c/c++
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19134] Re: Is there any module or dll of mathematica to call from c/c++
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:58:38 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 5 Aug 1999, Bulent Hatipoglu wrote: > I wonder that is there any way to embed or load a mathematica module or > library into a c++ program so that I can obtain a stand alobe program? The answer is a qualified "no". There is no way to create a monolithic executable with Mathematica functionality. The MathLink protocol, which has a C-language API, allows you to write a C or C++ program that can launch the Mathematica kernel as a child process, thus making your program an alternative front end to the kernel. You may want to refer to Section 2.12 of _The Mathematica Book_ (Fourth Edition) for an introduction on MathLink. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc.