Re: Transient Heat Transfer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19229] Re: Transient Heat Transfer
  • From: Ed McBride <emcbride at wybron.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:06:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sortech Limited wrote:

> Has anyone seen a 'freeware' notebook or package that solves transient heat
> flow though multilayer walls.

No, but it's almost trivial to write one.  I did one a few weeks ago for
the transient analysis of heat-transfer fins.  If you choose to write
your own, and have any problems, let me know and I'll try to help.  I
could e-mail you my notebook and it should be straightforward to adapt
what I've done to your problem.  Ed McBride, P.E.