Q: Simple? 3D Plotting Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19297] Q: Simple? 3D Plotting Problems
  • From: Tracy Lunt <ttl6u at node11.unix.virginia.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:34:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am new to Mathematica and I am attempting to do something which should be
very straightforward but (of course) I can't get it to work :)

I have a set of Z data (what I calculate) that I want to plot.  Its stored
in table form as a single variable value in a 2 dimensional table.  Simple
enough.  If I use ListPlot3D I get a nice graph of the Z data versus a point
count for X and Y.  Since the table is 60x60, my X and Y variables are 1, 2,
3, 4, ... , 60.  (Essentially its just printing the one variable, Z, against
the point number.)

The problem is, X and Y actually go from 0.05 to 3.0 in increments of 0.05.
I can choose the range for the plot to be from 0.05 to 3.0 and it shows me
just that portion of the full 1-60 range.

I just want to rescale so I can just tell it the full range of Z's should
correspond to a range of 3 for X and Y.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Tracy

Graduate Student
University of Virginia, Dept of Chemical Engineering
lunt at virginia.edu